GLOSSY BOX July 2017

GLOSSY BOX
July 2017
Beauty Subscription box.
4/5 stars

This was the first beauty subscription box I ever got and I'm still pleased with it today. Glossy Box puts a lot of curation into making great boxes.

What you receive in the mail is this attention getting black and white box. It has a tear strip down one side making it easy to open.





Then inside you will find your real box. A sturdy keepsake box with a removable lid. I dare you to throw it out! Especially when you get a box like this month. Usually, the box is a pale pink but every now and then Glossy will switch things up. This month we had a choice of four designs to choose from for our July #TROPICALBEAUTY themed box. This is the particular box I picked and it is sitting out in the open now holding some odds and ends.





Glossy Box gets points for keeping the excitement level high. Here we receive a box, open it and find another box inside, then take the lid off said box to reveal this:


An eyeful of more suspense!
A nice matching ribbon and a fold out poster sized item list and description of what you received in this month's box.

What was in the box:


1 - Doucce x GLOSSYBOX Blush Duo Palette - This is a fun idea for us this month. We received a special case with one medium pink blush. Then later on in the month, they opened up a special web page for us to choose a matching shade to receive in August, I picked the darker shade. When I saw this month's colour I wasn't too thrilled as I like dark shades and this looked pale, however, as soon as I swatched it I found it was perfect for me as a daytime shade. It has fantastic pigment and all-day staying power. This has become my go-to blush this month. (swatch at end)

1 - Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream in Exotic Fruits - This comes in a very pretty packaging but that is all I can say positive about it. The tube is made of cardboard and feels cheap. Then when I opened my stick up it was wobbly inside feeling very much like if I put the tiniest pressure on it, it would break. It did survive my testing though. However, the colour was exactly the shade of my own lips and you couldn't tell I had any lipstick on. Don't get fooled by pretty packaging.

1 - NCLA Clean Up Your Act (too shy to get his picture taken) - This is a nail polish remover pen to quickly remove those bits you get on your skin when applying polish. I always have one of these in my nail supplies drawer but I'd never used this brand before. I found it equivalent quality to any other I've used and I especially like the design with replacement tips.


1 - La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Cleanser - I've actually just finished using this sample size tube. I found it to be a quality cleanser, hydrating and removing all dirt. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards. There is no distinct smell. The only problem I have is that it didn't lather up as much as I like.

1 - Dr. PawPaw - Multipurpose Soothing Balm - I'm always using balm on my lips in one form or another and I'm very pleased with this product. A teeny bit goes a long way and there is no smell that I can detect.My lips feel smooth and soft whilst wearing and I've also been putting it on my nostrils as allergies hit me hard this year. It stops the red itch and gives me relief. I'd certainly buy this brand.

2 - 1 each Luseta Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner - This is sulphate and paraben free, which I must use as I colour my hair. I'm not fond of coconut smelling beauty products but this does not have much of a smell at all. I am finding this leaves my hair smooth, soft and shiny.

 
Swatches of lipstick (left) and blush (right)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017