SCRAWLR BOX June 2017

SCRAWLR BOX
June 2017
Subscription box for artists
4/5 stars

This is my first Scrawlr Box. A subscription box shipped from the UK. One thing that I like about this is that we get supplies which are available in the UK and, therefore, some may be brands not readily available here in Canada.


The box comes as seen in the picture, one just has to slice a small piece of tape holding the box closed. Upon opening the box we see this:


Everything is wrapped up in plain tissue paper with a scrawlr logo sticker holding it together. Peeking out from the bottom is a print of a piece of art by a subscriber.  I like when you open the box and can't see anything. It leaves one more surprise before we see the contents!


Here we see the box is dedicated to one company "Chameleon" pens! I had never tried these before and will admit the instructions were a bit daunting. It actually took me quite a while, both reading their website and watching youtubes before I was ready to do anything with them. At first, I wasn't too impressed with all the switching tips to mix and blend colours. I'm not that big on blending this way. I much prefer to use blending tools. However, once I got the hang of them I started to perk up about them in general.

What was in the box:

4 Chameleon Color Tones pens: These are the pens you need which have colour at one end and blending fluid at the other.

5 Chameleon Color Tops: These are colour blenders which you touch to your pens to create blends with other colours allowing one many blending options such as dark to light or colour to colour such as grey to orange. (one is not shown as it was a duplicate colour I already had)

1 Chameleon Detail pen: This is simply a black fineliner with a fine tip at one end and more of a bullet tip at the other.

1 candy: Scrawlr box always include a candy to suck on while you peruse your box 😊

After I used the pens awhile I got the hang of them and will use them in my colouring work. I have a few others besides these and would be happy to get more.

Every art box I receive I am in the process of making an altered puzzle piece using only the contents of the box. With this one I made:


For this, I simply traced around the puzzle piece on a colouring book page, cut out and adhered to the piece. Then I coloured with the chameleons both blending and solid colours. Finally, outlining everything with the detail pen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017