PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS
July 2017
Subscription box for artists
5/5 stars


This is one of my favourite Paletteful Packs ever! I really loved the curation this month with the theme "Draw on Everything!" You can't miss this subscription when it arrives as it comes in this bright green box. I'm already pumped before I  even open it!


If you want to blind box this subscription then turn the box away from you before opening the lid as some items will be visible through the paper worms. This month those worms are an eye-popping orange which really gave me an eyeful when seeing the red, orange and black bits peeking out at me. This box comes with a list card of everything you will have received and is just on top as you open it.


What was in the box:

4 - Amsterdam Acrylic Paint Markers - I have some paint pens in a few colours already but this intro pack of Amsterdam Acrylic markers (ie paint pens) made me fall in love with the brand. I really enjoyed using them and find they don't blob out paint like others often do. These make for both nice line work and colouring/painting

Various canvas surfaces:
1- Cotton stretch canvas 4x4 black
1 - Cotton canvas pencil case black (not included in list of items so I'm considering it a bonus)


1 - Cotton stretch canvas 8x10 black
1 - Canvas panel 5x7 white

1 - Liquitex Acrylic Paint Marker Brown - An example of a different brand paint pen to compare. I liked this, this nib is more flexible than the Amsterdams but I didn't like it as much as those. Still a good pen, and I'd purchase more.

1 - Sakura Gelly Roll Pen White - I have my fair share of these already but can always use a new one to add to the stash. Sakura is a good white pen, second only to the uni-roll one, imho.

1 - Sakura Gelly Roll Pen Black - Same as above but item was not listed on my product list card.

1 - Stabilo Write-4-All Black 0.7 - This is a black fineliner which will write on pretty much any surface and be permanent once dry. It writes on plastic, glass, ceramic, foil, metal, photos and more. I've only used it on paper products at this time but I like it a lot. A great new addition to my black fineliner collection.



Every item in this Pack was a winner for me making it a five-star box.


Every art box I receive I am in the process of making an altered puzzle piece using only the contents of the box. With this one I made:


I started off gessoing the back of the puzzle piece then I took the Amsterdams and the Liquitex paint markers and squeezed dabs onto the piece. Using a credit card I dragged the paint around until it was covered. Then I used the Stabilo to trace through a StencilGirl face stencil. Then I free-hand drew the girl's torsos with the black Sakura and added clothing using the Stabilo to colour in shading. Finally, I used the Sakura white to add detail






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017