ARTSNACKS July 2017



ARTSNACKS
July 2017
Subscription box for artists
4/5 stars

Artsnacks arrives in a small rectangular box every month. We don't receive large items but certainly quality ones.


Once we open the box we will always find the card list, sticker and a candy. Then wrapped in green tissue paper are pens, pencils and brushes. Most times there will also be one item not wrapped. This will be a tool, paint, ink, etc.



What was in the box:

1 - candy & sticker

1 -Derwent 2-in-1 Eraser/Sharpener - This is a very sturdy product and feels good in the hand when using. One end has a pencil sharpener which is very good for lead pencils and passable for soft colour pencils. The eraser is quality vinyl and erases fantastically. In fact, I used the eraser so much that it has been worn down to a smaller stub which will no longer fit in the holder. I have no use for that end anymore as I'm unlikely to buy erasers to fit and the sharpener end has gone into my collection of others. A good product but I wasn't over the moon about it.

1- Derwent HB Graphic Drawing Pencil - This is a normal HB graphite pencil for sketching. It has hard lead and is comfortable to work with. This went into my collection of similar sketch pencils.

1 - Pentel Duopoint Flex Double-Ended Brush Black - This has a brush tip at one end and a fineliner at the other. The ink is water soluble making it usable for watercolours. This is a useful pen and I like it. It's handy to have a pen close that can be used as a fineliner on top of dried medium or used wet as a watercolour.

2 - Caran d'Ache Museum Aquarelle Pencils - I received "Violet" and "Ice Blue". Two nice looking colours that work well together. I was really excited to get these. I love watercolour pencils but had never tried this much-lauded brand. They are a dream to work with! They colour nicely, fit well in the hand and have soo much pigment. The colour really zaps once you start adding water. I would most certainly like to add more of these to my collection:

So of the five items, I loved three of them. The other two, while I thought they were quality product, they just underwhelmed me so half a star each for each of those, easily giving this box a 4/5

Every art box I receive I am in the process of making an altered puzzle piece using only the contents of the box. With this one I made:


To start I gessoed the back of the puzzle piece. Then I used the Aquarelles to make a watercolour background. With the graphite pencil, I stencilled a portion of an exclusive, members only Stencil Girl stencil. Finally, I coloured it with the black Pentel Duopoint. I love how it turned out!

Visit my youtube channel to watch my unboxings and subscribe so you don't miss another.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

LAVISH BATH BOX July 2017, Unicorn Theme