BOXY CHARM July 2017

BOXY CHARM
July 2017
Beauty Subscription box.
2/5 stars

Ships To: 48 Contiguous US
                Canada

Pricing: $21 US
+ tax to FL & CT
+ shipping to Canada

For more information visit Boxy Charm.

Boxy Charm always arrives in this sophisticated looking black. Upon opening it we usually can't see anything but this time was a bit different. The box felt bumpy at one end and when I opened the box it sprung up with this huge piece of foam packing everything into place.




This had me thinking there was something breakable in here and that is what caused the difference, there was a bottle in there! But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What Was in the Box:

As always we receive a card with the theme on one side and the contents of the box on the other. This month's theme is Cutie Pie and I love the colours on that card. Red & orange got me hipped.

1. Electric Eyes Palette by Binc
After I opened my box I watch some other unboxing and everyone was singing about this item. I wasn't. Sure it's the high ticket item this month but, heck, what am I going to do with those colours. I like bright, unusual and pinks and browns is all Boxy Charm seems to know. I messed with them and they seem to be a quality product but to this date, I've only worn (in public) the burgundy.

2. Ultra-Matte Lip by ColourPop - Something went wrong here as I got the Ultra Satin Lip. But I don't care. I love ColourPop! <Insert screeching here> as I see it's a colour I don't have. "Lock Diary" has major pigmentation and once it's dried this brand of lip will stay put.

3. Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo by bareMinerals. The name had me pumped to check this out and at first, I felt a bit let down. Another highlighter and pressed powder? I've been using loose powder for so long I forgot the bonus points pressed has for it. The translucent in here has been my go to for a few weeks now and I'm very satisfied. I use the highlighter occasionally but in general, I'd rather just have the powder.

4. Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil by WinkyLux - I use brow pencils so was interested in this but the colour was way too light for my still black but slowly greying brows.

5. Makeup Setting Spray by Project Beauty - I used setting spray once a long time ago and wasn't impressed but was game to try this one out. I'm using the bottle every day and have no complaints but can't really see that it has any effect at all.

Yea, so this month wasn't so good for me. Definitely not my favourite box. The lip colour and translucent powder were my big winners.The eye palette and brow pencil were not my colours and the spray doesn't do anything for me.

I just got the August Box this morning so am hoping for better selections!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017