MY BARIATRIC BOX July 2017

MY BARIATRIC BOX
July 2017
Subscription box for those on a bariatric (or high protein) diet
1/5 stars

I had bariatric surgery coming up on six years now. When I heard about this box I was very interested indeed. I wanted to see what they were offering new bariatric patients and also how good they'd be in helping me to stay on this lifetime diet.

When the box arrives you get a plain brown box with no branding except a small sticker. Upon opening, not much can be seen for the large amount of tissue paper packaging. I like boxes that keep you in suspense as long as possible!




The box comes with a card detailing all the items received and has nutritional info on the back for a few products which didn't include it on the individual servings.

What was in the box:

1. The highlight of this box is an Ulla Smart Hydration Reminder. I hadn't heard of this so looked it up to understand it. It retails for $25 USD or $39.95 CAD, so this really is the big ticket item. Put it on your cup/bottle of water and working on a 45min cycle it will blink (no sound) when it can tell you need to hydrate. Cool, nifty idea. However, I didn't like it. It's constant blinking (even through the night) drove me nuts! I don't drink out of the same bottle/cup all day so it thought I was never hydrated enough. This, I think, will work best for someone working in an office environment.

2. Three packages of My Bariatric Box's in-house brand protein shake/pudding. Chocolate, Vanilla & New York Cheesecake. If you mix with water you have a shake, mix with milk for a pudding. Either way, these are very thick and extremely delicious! They have 15g of protein,1g of fat, and 6g carbs per package. A true power food. These were my favourite items in the whole box!

3. A Caveman Chicken Primal Bar smoked jalapeno flavour. I'm not big on jerky but would have given this a go if not for the jalapeno flavour. I hate peppers and hot, spicy foods. I can't really understand its inclusion here as bariatrics are supposed to avoid spicy foods.

4. Two sticks of Ostrim Beef & Ostrich Jerky, pepper flavour. I was interested in this as I've always wanted to try ostrich so I tried it but the pepper flavour was too overpowering for me.

5. A Pure Protein Bar, Chocolate Salted Caramel. I love these sweet & salty flavours which are so popular right now and I found this highly tasty. I enjoyed that it was chewy and filling. Good stats with 19g of protein. My second favourite item in the box.

6. Two ThinkThin High Protein Bars, White chocolate & Cookies 'n Creme flavours. I'm not fond of my protein bars coming in candy bar flavours as I find most of these kinds of bars to be sickeningly sweet. Which these were.



Overall I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the Ulla taking over the box's value and when converting the price of the box +shipping to Canada dollars it's not cost effective. I have one more box arriving and I hope it has more food and no silly item like the Ulla.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017