SKETCH BOX Summer 2017 Grab Box

SKETCH BOX
Summer 2017 Grab Box
Subscription box for artists
5/5 stars

Every so often Sketch Box has a large grab box sale where you purchase a box full of random items from previous boxes. It's kind of a clear-out for them and a huge deal for us!

The box we received was the same size as we normally receive but with a different design on top letting you know it's your grab box. But when you open the box it is jam-packed full of goodness that there is hardly any room for those annoying paper worms! Just my first glimpse let me know I was in for some delights. I've since watched a few other people's unboxings of this and found that people received similar and some of the same items I did but I couldn't find anyone who had exactly the same box. So if you bought more than one box you would probably get a lot of duplicates, some the same but different shades and a few items specific to each box.



The majority of my items were mark-making supplies such as pens, paints, markers, pencils, etc. So I'll start by showing you the items that would be classified more as tools.

What was in the box:

1. A blending chamois (I've thrown away the packaging so the link is to a similar one) - I've never used one of these before but am really looking forward to doing some pastel or charcoal work and giving it a go!

2. The Langton Prestige 100% Cotton Blank Artist Trading Cards - Perfect substrata for making ATCS and already cut down to size. I like all the paper that I've received through Sketch Box.

3. Princeton #4 Watercolour brush - I love this brush! It is very long and wonderful to work withl.

4. Pack of 2 Faber-Castel Eraser Pencils - Pretty standard item. They are great for erasing tiny little spots and smudges.

5. Lyra Colorstripe Pencil Crayons, Set of 8 - This comes with your basic colours plus gold and silver. I had never tried this brand of pencil before and I really liked them. The lead shows through on one side which makes them look neat but has no function. I kind of actually didn't like that colorstripe, simply finding it annoying. They were very nice to colour with though having good pigment, smooth colour and were easy to sharpen.

6. Sargent Art Watercolor Liquid Metals, two pans - The colours I received were "Pearl White" and "Silver". I was really excited to try these as watercolouring is becoming my favourite medium at the moment and I have some shimmering colours but no metallics. I also like the inclusion of the pearl white rather than getting the standard gold/silver. These were a dream to work with! Highly pigmented and the metallic became shinier as it got drier.

7. Sketch Box Refillable Water Brush - I love these things and could never have too many.

8. Kuretake Bimoji Fude Brush Pen, Fine, Black -  I really, really enjoyed using this pen. It has a fine tip so works like pretty much any fineliner but the tip wrote beautifully. I could use this for everything! Definitely, would like more of these.

9. Cretacolor MegaGraphite #2 - Pretty much your standard graphite pencil but this bad boy is huge.

10. Stabilo Sensor, Fine 0.3, Black - A very fine fineliner that works as expected. I have a ton of black fineliners but they are another thing you can never have too many of.

11. ZIG Art & Graphic Twin, Baby Blue - This dual end brush tip marker has a fine-tip at the other end and I found it coloured very nicely. I liked the colour I was given.

12. ZIG Clean Color Real Brush, Set of 4 - I received the four basic primary colours and was thrilled to receive these as I had never tried them before. They are as good as everyone says!

So altogether if we count each pen and colour as an item, I received 24 individual art supplies! I was expecting to receive something I'd already got from them but I didn't receive a single repeat item. I also was pleasantly surprised that even though I may have different brands of similar items each item I received as branded was new to me. A 100% success and I'll definitely be there for the next Grab Box!

I decided to use only the items in my box to colour a picture from a colouring book, cut it out, then mount it and finish it off with journaling. This is what I made using every single item and colour in my box:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017