SMITH & CULT Cosmetics Review Eyes, Lips & Blush

SMITH & CULT
Cosmetics Review

received free from the Amazon Vine program.

Smith and Cult Eyeliner,
Charcoal, 0.16 oz.
Absolutely fantastic! I am an eye makeup addict and had never tried this brand of eyeliner before. In fact, I must say I've never tried a high-end eyeliner before and believe you me, you get what you pay for. While I've graduated onto high-end brands with my other makeup products my eyeliner remained consistent with a drug store brand. What a difference! The colour is thick and bold. It went on smoothly and effortlessly and my wings have never looked this good. This is the best liquid eyeliner I've ever used and I'm willing to fork-out the money for this. I've been wearing it all day today and now, in the evening, it still looks freshly applied. Smith and Cult you have won me over.

Here is my usual eye makeup including the liner:


0.16 oz, Linger Sigh

This lip stain is going to make you feel luxurious and decadent! I've never felt such a soft doe foot brush before. These colours work like a gloss, they go on wet and take a bit of time to dry. I have the colour "Linger Sigh" which is a pale but definite pink. It makes your lips look like perhaps you've been eating strawberries, just a hint of pink and lots of shine. Gloss and tackiness do wear off fairly quickly but the ever so slight stain stays for quite some time. In fact, doing a couple of swipes with blotting in between will layer it up to last longer I found.


(Linger Sigh Stain on top lip
&
Flesh Riot Lacquer on bottom)

0.16 oz, Flesh Riot

Again with the luxury and decadence! And that soft doe foot brush before! These colours also work like a gloss, they go on wet and take a bit of time to dry. I have the colour "Flesh Riot" which is a faint pink on my skin but matches my natural lip colour when wearing. For me, this just makes my lips shine as if wearing a colour-free gloss but there is lots of shine and it keeps your lips extremely moisturized. I found the gloss and moisturizing effect to last quite some time. This is the difference I found between this "laquer" and Smith & Cult's "stain" which faded quicker. I'll be using this as a moisturizer rather than a lipstick. There are some darker colours which may work better for colour, though.

Smith and Cult Book of Sun Blush Bronzer Poudre
Soft Peach & Golden Sand, 1 Oz

I don't use bronzer but both of these colours work fine as a blush for me. My skin is a medium Caucasian colour with pinkish tones. The bronzer showed up the nicest for me while the pink was a little light though it makes a nice daytime wear. Colours are pretty and would probably show up nicest on fair skin. The powder is pressed and had no fallout for me. A quality product. The design of the packaging is very artsy though, simply for the sake of art. It seems like a lot of effort went into the packaging to simply make it different (ie strange). A more simple design would lower the price point and make the product a more realistic value.

Here you can see me in my normal makeup including the blush and bronzer on my cheeks and contours. My eyes incorporate the eyeliner and my top lip has Linger Sigh and bottom is Flesh Riot.
{excuse the wet hair!}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017