CREEPY CRATE #2 2017

CREEPY CRATE
#2
Subscription box featuring creepy, dark items revolving around serial killers and all things creepy
4/5 stars


Creepy Crate is a bi-monthly box which arrives at your door in a fairly nondescript box with only its name to imply what creepy things you are about to unveil.



Upon opening the box you take in a burst of colour but can't tell very much as the info card and advertisements crowd your view.

What's inside the box:

1. All My Friends are Creepy T-Shirt. This is the best t-shirt design I have ever seen in a sub box and it is sooo my style. Unfortunately, I don't wear T-Shirts so I'm planning on turning this into a cushion. The image is taken from Gianluca Sordi's classic photo of black-eyed children.

2. Have a Killer Day Travel Mug. This coffee mug features a John Wayne Gacy original painting and is exclusive to Creepy Crate. This made me laugh when I saw it, perhaps it was nerves since it is so creepy. Everyone knows I'm 'into' serial killers but even I realised this was a little over-the-top for me to use in my daily public life. So I've put it on my art table and filled it with my brushes to enjoy privately.

3. Coffee Shop of Horrors Coffee. This dark roast coffee named "Burial Grounds" was a pleasant beverage and I always love to get coffee. We were given a generous 2-ounce sample.




4. Female Killers Throughout History Signature Series Button Collection. This is the first in what Creepy Crate promises will be a series featured every box. Sometimes it's the simple things, because this is my favourite item in the box. I can display my love and knowledge of these Lady Killers on a tote or jacket.

5. Four vintage "spirit photograph" postcards. Spooky photos taken by William Hope at the turn of the century have found a place in my cabinet of curiosities.

6. Femur Bone Pen - More estethic than servicable this pen shaped like a bone has also found a spot in the cabinet.

Two more items are included on the product card but I consider them to be bonus non-items. First, a 1-month free sub to Screambox and secondly a download of a true crime book which is not Kindle friendly. I already have this book (on my Kindle) so didn't care but they've done this two boxes in a row now. If ebooks are included they really do need to provide .mobi downloads. This book is "Evidence of Love" by John Bloom. A true-crime book.

Overall, this is one of my favourite boxes with the majority of items being exclusive to the crate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GATCHA Crate KAWAII & KAKKoii July 2017

PALETTEFUL PACKS July 2017